8/13/08

My Casey and our hugs

I have been trying to write children's books because I have so many wonderful experiences with my children. I started one about Casey but I am having a hard time finishing it. Not only because I miss him so, but because everytime I write, I get sad thinking of the all the cute things he used to say, things I miss like mad. One day I will finish it and maybe even publish it, who knows. Here it is:

When I was a boy, yep just a wee little tot
My mama would hug me; she’d hug me a lot
She hugged me in the morning, she hugged me at night
She hugged me all day, she hugged me real tight

I loved her hugs, I loved them so much
I loved her kisses and snuggles and such
I knew that she loved me and I loved her to
She hugged me and hugged me, my hugs weren’t too few

Then when I grew older I needed those hugs
I needed them badly; I needed them much
Mama said “I wanna hold ya” all of the time
I learned this was life which was quite sublime

Then I’d say “I wanna hold ya” everyday
Even when I got bigger, yep that’s what I’d say
I “wanna hold ya” was my way of getting those hugs
That mama would give me, she gave me so much

Then when I grew up and went to school
Where hugs from your mama weren’t too cool
I’d secretly tell her, all of the time
I needed those hugs, those hugs of mine

“I wanna hold ya” was a trademark, a good one of mine
So I got all the hugs I needed everytime
I’d get hugs in the morning and hugs at night
I’d get hugs all day, hugs real tight


I have been told that spirits can read what we write. I don't know how true that is, but, Casey, if you can read this, know how much I love and miss you. Dad, Heather, Bo, and I all miss you very much, and love you more than life itself.

MOM ("I WANNA HOLD YA")

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi there. I have tried to find you in cyberspace many times. It seems fitting that this post popped up when I finally found you. I loved reading your blog and seeing what you were all up to. I've thought about you and your family often. I am still in McMinnville Oregon. I have been married to a wonderful guy, Brady, for 6 yrs and we are expecting our second child. We have a 3 yr. old little girl, Taylor Grace. I am going to try and join the blogging world and get some pictures on here. It would be great to here from you. Lots of love!
Rachel (Schuur) Hudson.

crayz said...

Rachel was a girlfriend of Casey's. I secretly wished she would have been my daughter-in-law but she is happy and has a wonderful family of her own now, which would make Casey happy.