11/23/06

The Post Office...Ptthththththththt Who Needs Em

So, we have spent the last 32 days living in complete misery and chaos because I went back to work at the post office. I was working 5 nights a week on the graveyard shift from 11:30pm to 8:00am - and sometimes 10:00am. The laundry hasn't been done in weeks, the house looks like monkeys live in it, and the children are all acting out because mom is gone at night and tries to sleep during the day. Since I still had to take Caitlin to kindergarten, Chelsea to dance and deal with scouts and stuff, I was lucky if I got in 3 hours of sleep a day. So Bo and I decided last night that enough was enough and we would have to make it another way. We decided that last night would be my LAST night working at the post office. I felt so relieved as I got ready for work and left the house at 11pm for the last time. I got to work a few minutes early so I could turn in my resignation. Of course they tried to talk me out of it because they are so desparate for people right now and I was starting to consider staying on with cut back hours during the day. Then, there was one last thing. One of the supervisors asked me if I had another pair of shoes in my car. I told her "no". She then proceeded to tell me that the shoes I was wearing, ( a pair of those furry, mocassin, clog thingies that Heather gave me) were a safety hazard because they didn't have a strap across the back. I told her they were the same pair of shoes I had been wearing every night all month. She then told me that I couldn't clock in for the night until I went home to change my shoes. So I told them that if I had to go home to change my shoes, that I would not come back. So here I am now, writing in this blog during the time I usually spend as my lunch hour because I was not about to come home and change my shoes.

So if you are sitting at home this weekend, wondering where your letters and packages are that you were expecting,-- they will be late--, because the BEST and FASTEST keyer in the world has now quit the post office (for the third time) and is NEVER going back. I would suggest switching to email. Good night.

No comments: