2/23/07

A year in Australia

I am such an idiot. I forgot how to sign into this blog so I haven't posted anything for a while, but my sweet little Heather told me how so here we have it. Kelly and I have been in Australia for almost a year now. We miss being home so much but we are going to try and stick it out for a minimum of one more year and maximum of two more years. That is it though, we want to be home. We sold the house so now we are saving to buy some land so we can start building a new one. I have the plan all picked out, now just where to build it. Kelly and I have had a great time here. We have taken our scooters all over and have hiked to a lighthouse that guides the ships in the South Pacific Ocean. I'll post a picture. We woke up early on 2/20/07 and watched the largest cruise ship in the world come into the Sydney Harbour, that would be the Queen Mary 2. Later that evening, the Queen Elizabeth 2 came into the harbour and as it passed the QM2, they both blew their loud horns signifying passing in the night. It was quite incredible, but there were also thousands or other people watching so we had a very hard time getting a ferry to come back home that night. Oh well, the tragedy of living in Australia I guess. I enjoy ready these posts, so I am going to plead again for everyone invited to join in. Image how fun it would be years from now to read a family journal.

Love you all and post soon.

Kelly and Cheryl Ray

No comments: